Concerning Our Upgrade/Catastrophic Loss Of Valuable Data

User profile picture
William
Keymaster

9 months ago

Ok here it is , straight and to the point

An ugrade for security reasons was attempted on afrivade.com -- to upgrade the phpbb back bone... because of phpbb.com releasing a faulty "update" to their own software.. the database to afrivade.com became corrupted.. not only that our host didnt have any recent backups.. also the host after investigations I found to be greedy.. charging for data usage.. I even had trouble getting afrivade.com (the domain) out of their hands (smartweb.com.ng).. they were refusing the transfer of afrivade.com to my registar here in America.. I had to file a complaint with ICANN just to get it to my registar..

Afrivade.com is now hosted on my server here in America, with unlimited everything, it now has twice the disk space..

it is running again, it took time.. Isaiah is sorry, We are sorry.. We lost alot of data because of phpbb.com and smartweb.com.ng (the previous host) stupidity.

It wasn't Our fault, phpbb.com has since then taken down their "update" to phpbb 3.2.1.

Afrivade.com is now back up with a 99.98% uptime and backups done every single day on my American based server. It is also faster now with state of the art SSD's and a 100mbps T1 connection.

Spread the word, Afrivade is back.