Disadvantages of processed foods

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
Emelda

Mar 13th, 07:43

I have been hearing of different ti's and thats on processed foods, to me there is nothing wrong with it, coz it mostly comes in handy.

But as the saying goes ”One mans neat is another mans poison”

So tell me what you think about it.

» What is wrong with processed foods? 
» Any health implications?
» Is there any we should avoid?

Your valuable commens are welcomed.

User profile picture
Isaiah
Keymaster

Mar 13th, 07:44

To me, processed food like you said are convenient , and not all of them are bad for you: fruits canned in their own juice, pre-chopped vegetables are just two examples.

Ideally speaking, we would shop the farmer's market daily for fresh, local foods, and make all of our meals from scratch.
But in reality, we live far from our food sources, have to buy foods we can store on the shelf, fridge and barely have time to eat dinner, much less prepare it.

Sometimes, however, convenience can mean large amounts of fats, sugar & hidden sodium which are always bad news.

Processed foods you should avoid:

1. Instant noodles.

Instant noodles could cause;
- Overweight : Noodles contains fat
and large amounts of sodium, which causes water
retention in the body and surely it leads to overweight, and obesity leads to heart
problems.
- Nutrient Absorption.
- Cancer : The ingredient in the instant noodles called “Styrofoam’, is a cancer causing agent.
- Miscarriage.
- Indigestion. etc.

2. Granola Bars

They are stuffed with hearty grains and packaged in boxes featuring mountains and sunrises. So wholesome!
Too bad granola bars are also loaded with added sugars, which digest quickly and don’t satisfy hunger for long. Despite their healthy marketing image, granola bars don’t offer much in the way of good nutrition. Avoid them for their high simple-carbohydrate count and the long ingredient list filled with difficult-to-pronounce .

3. Fruit Snacks
4. Microwave popcorn.
5. Margarine. etc.

Post Comment Previous topicNext topic
aThe World's Most Powerful Laptop! Dave Lee 17M views 1 year ago Home Trending Subscriptions LIBRARY History Watch later Liked videos SUBSCRIPTIONS Popular on YouTube Music Sports Gaming MORE FROM YOUTUBE Live Settings