Adequate sleep boosts brain health

User profile picture
Isaiah
Keymaster

1 year ago

In an effort to make global community take advantage of sleep as a strategy to improve wellbeing, scientists have alerted that getting enough sleep helps consolidate long-term memory. According to a report from the National Sleep Foundation journal, ‘Sleep Health’, the brain makes a lot of connections during the day, but not all of them are worth saving; so sleep is a time in which the brain streamlines the connections it “needs.”

The report, which updates previous sleep recommendations, showed that although businesses and policy makers may be interested in the financial repercussions of sleep deprivation, these repercussions stem from people being unwell because of it, which underlines the very real consequences of sleep deprivation.

Most people have probably observed the phenomenon whereby sleep helps them remember things they have learned during the day. And studies have borne this out. “In one study, participants had to learn a motor routine (tapping buttons in a certain order).

When learning the task and recalling the task were separated by a night of sleep, rather than the same amount of time during waking hours, the participants did much better. The theory is that the brain consolidates the memories it needs, but prunes back the ones it doesn’t. And research has shown that the brain tends to weaken the connections that form the memories that the brain deems unimportant.

The report stated that toxins, including those associated with Alzheimer’s disease, are cleared during sleep. “One of the most illuminating discoveries in the last few years is that the brain clears out toxins much more rapidly while one is asleep than when awake.” In his reaction, the Director of the Sleep-Wake Disorders Center at Montefiore Health System and Professor of Clinical Neurology at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Michael Thorpy, said:“I think some of the most exciting work is on the glymphatic system,” adding, “There’s a lot of new research in this area in the last few years.

The lymphatic system of the brain opens up at night, and removes toxins while we’re asleep.” Sleep deprivation can affect everything from cognition to attention to decision-making, the report added. According to the researchers, although the body doesn’t technically need sleep in the same way the brain does, there are a number of physical diseases and disorders it seems to affect.

Source

Chidexxy

10 months ago

Educational.
Thumbs up

DanielFum

8 months ago

โค้ดส่วนลด โปรโมโค้ด - รหัสส่วนลด คูปอง 10% 15% - โปรโมชั่น และคูปองล่าสุดทั้งหมดสำหรับใช้ในร้าน
รหัสส่งเสริมการขาย · ส่วนลด · กันยายน 2017 · ใช้ทันที ซื้อของออนไลน์ที่ LAZADA - สั่งเลย ไม่พอใจยินดีคืนเงิน - lazada.co.th‎
สินค้าแบรนด์ดัง คุณภาพดี พร้อมโปรโมชั่นราคาพิเศษ ช้อปง่ายๆ ส่งไวถึงบ้าน ช้อปเลย! Types: Mobiles and Tablets, Health and Beauty, Home and Living, Fashion, Cameras
The top e-commerce player in Southeast Asia – Fortune เครื่องใช้ไฟฟ้าประจำบ้านมือถือและอุปกรณ์เสริมซื้อ 99 บาท ฟรีค่าจัดส่งสินค้าสุขภาพและความงาม
ผลการค้นหา ส่วนลด Lazada | 82% | ตุลาคม 2017 | ใช้ทันที!​ - Picodi ไทย ส่วนลดlazada
Lazada Vegetarian Festival 2017 ช้อปรับเจ เปย์โดนใจ ส่วนลดสูงสุด 80% พร้อมแจกรหัสส่วนลดเพิ่ม 8% เมื่อช้อปครบ 800 บาท ลดสูงสุด 300 บาท สินค้าเครื่องใช้ไฟฟ้า, ...
ส่วนลด Lazada ดีล Voucher คูปองลดราคา | เลือกซื้อสินค้าที่ร่วมรายการ พร้อมรับส่วนลด Lazada พิเศษสุดๆ จากพันธมิตรทางการค้าของลาซาด้า ช้อปออนไลน์พร้อมรับส่วนลดพิเศษสุดตลอด24ชั่วโมง.
‎Kbank · ‎Citibank · ‎Krungsri · ‎SCB ส่วนลด lazada | 90% | Code ฟรีที่ดีที่สุด | ตุลาคม 2017 - ShopCoupons คูปองสำหรับร้านค้า Lazada ยอดนิยมประจำวันน : ลดทันที 12% เมื่อซื้ออุปกรณ์อิเล็กทรอนิกส์! คุณจะพบ 84 Voucher ของ Lazada ล่าสุด คูปองและส่วนลดสำหรับ ตุลาคม 2017 ที่ ...
รหัสส่วนลด Lazada ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2560 | คูปอง 80% Discount Code ค้นพบคูปอง&โค้ดส่วนลดที่ Lazada ฟรีสำหรับ เดือน เมษายน ปี 2559 ที่ iprice ประเทศไทย & ประหยัดมากถึง 60%
โค้ดส่วนลด โปรโมโค้ด & คูปอง Lazada - ShopBack codeลด lazada
lazada voucher code 2017
พบกับ โค้ด ส่วนลด Lazada ต.ค. 2017 ร้านค้าออนไลน์ ชั้นนำ พร้อมรับเงินคืน CASHBACK เมื่อช้อปปิ้งออนไลน์กับ ShopBack ประเทศไทย!
ด่วน! ลด 10% คูปอง Lazada ตุลาคม 2017 &ส่วนลดอีก 27 โปรโมชั่น 2560 รีบเลย! Lazada คูปอง 2017 & รหัสส่วนลด และส่วนลด สินค้าอิเล็กทรอนิกส์และเครื่องใช้ไฟฟ้าในบ้าน…
Lazada.co.th | รหัสส่วนลด คูปอง 10% 15% 25% - เว็บไซต์ Promotions.co.thรวม ส่วนลด Lazada คูปอง และ โค้ดส่วนลด ตามเทศกาล หรือ ส่วนลดอื่นๆ เป็นสิ่งที่นักช้อปต้องการ เมื่อช้อปที่ Lazada.co.th. ทาง Lazada มอบ คูปอง และส่วนลด ในปี.
ส่วนลด Lazada คูปอง และ และ โค้ดลดราคา ใช้ได้แน่นอน!รวบรวมรหัสส่วนลดคูปองดีลและโปรโมชั่นจาก Lazada ไว้ที่นี่ปี2017 lazada ไม่มีส่วนลดแล้วเหรอครับ - Pantip ปกติผมซื้อของผ่าน Lazada บ่อย ๆ ครับหาส่วนลดบัตรเครดิตได้เรื่อย ๆ แต่ปี 17 นี้ผมพยายามหาส่วนลดแล้วไม่เจอครับเค้าไม่มีกันแล้วเหรอ รบกวนยืนยันหน่อยครับ ถ้าไม่มีผม.
ขอโค้ดส่วนลด lazada หน่อยค่ะ - Pantip 16 เม.ย. 2560 - ที่เป็นของพวกพาร์ทเนอร์อะค่ะ บัตรเครดิตต่างๆ แล้วก็ส่วนลดลูกค้าทรู ดีแทค ค่ะ ขอบคุณค่ะ.
การค้นหาที่เกี่ยวข้องกับ ส่วนลด lazada โค้ดส่วนลด lazada 2017 ส่วนลด lazada true ส่วนลด lazada ไม่มีขั้นต่ํา วอเชอร์ไทย
ส่วนลด lazada pantip โค้ดส่วนลด lazada 10% ส่วนลด lazada dtac ส่วนลด lazada ais ส่วนลด lazada ktc

MefozziJap

7 months ago

Sorry, if not on the topic. I had slightly embarrassment. I randomly missing my essay and I urgently will need to create a brand new one particular. I can not create with my own strength, so I wanted to apply for the essay writing service for funds. Identified just a few articles about this, but I don't know if you ever can trust these sites. Has everyone heard of the http://www.turismo-dentale-zagabria.com ... ervice-14/ ???

I also wanted to ask, did an individual encounter such an issue? And what will take place if they get out that my article was bought, and not written by me
http://thepitstop.com.au/2017/01/25/functioning-tips-on-writing-an-essay/

sylviaeo69

7 months ago

Blog with daily sexy pics updates
http://hotpic.erolove.in/?post.presley
free rape sex mobile download st brigids college horsham young petite girls alaskan men looking for women free pre teen pussy

MefozziJap

7 months ago

Sorry, if not around the topic. I had a little bit embarrassment. I randomly lost my essay and I urgently have to have to create a new 1. I can not create with my personal strength, so I wanted to apply for the essay writing service for revenuel. Discovered a handful of web content about this, but I don't know in the event you can trust these web-sites. Has everyone heard of the http://www.japal.sk/high-quality-papers ... s-is-easy/ ???

I also wanted to ask, did a person encounter such a problem? And what will come about if they uncover out that my paper was purchased, and not written by me
http://thepitstop.com.au/2017/01/25/functioning-tips-on-writing-an-essay/

AnthonyVab

7 months ago

top rated online canadian pharmacies

<a href="http://canadianpharmaciesbnt.com/">canadian pharmacies shipping to usa</a>

trusted overseas pharmacies

canadapharmacyonline com

Post Comment Previous topicNext topic