According to daliymail.co.uk, A total of 1, 200 new words have been added to the numerous already existing.
Some of the words added centres around internet activity, sexuality and a special tribute Roald Dahl.
It will also interest you to know that the word of the year 2016 is Xenophobia.
Listing the 1,200 words will be a tedious job but here are ten words that caught my attention.
The new words included in the dictionary are;
- YOLO: an acronym for You only live Once
- Gender-fluid:not clearly or wholly male or female, unfixed gender identity.
- Clicktivism: the practice of signalling support for a political or social cause by means of the internet, through social media and online platforms.
- Bracketology: the activity of predicting the participating teams in a tournament and the winners of a competition.
- Moobs: usually prominent breast on a man.
- Merica: America.
- Freemium: A business model especially on the internet where basic services are provided free of charge.
- Non-apology: an insincere apology.
- Squee: representing a high squeaking sound produced by an animal, musical instrument.
- Dahlesque: Resembling or characteristics of the works of Roald Dahl.