Fear of the mirror

Dindy

1 year ago

This inspirational write up was solely written by Dindy.

Email: ossynnamdi@gmail.com
WhatsApp: +2348151598806
Facebook: Ossy Andy Nnamdi
Twitter: @nnamdiossy
INSTAGRAM: @ossynnamdi.

Note:Illegal copying of this inspirational write up without permission is a criminal offence and offenders/Violators shall be prosecuted under copyright laws.

Contact Afrivade Admins or Ossy Andy Nnamdi for permission to copy any of my inspirational write ups on your blog, website or pages.

Thank you for reading this inspirational write up.

[Fear of the mirror]

The mirror has never been my friend, it has always tormented me. Any time I look into the mirror;

-I see a reflection of disgrace.

-I see someone who isn't where he's ought to be.

-I see a glory not yet finalised.

- I was not sure if the reflection I saw was mine.

- I was ashamed of my reflection.

-I saw marks of the darkness within me.

- I saw a reflection of my old age.

-I saw a reflection of my low self esteem.

-I saw a person who couldn't be loved by anyone.

-I saw a downing life.

-I hate the reflection I saw.

When I looked into my eyes, i saw no fire and no light, what I saw was only darkness.

I cried in pain, but there was no tears not even a droplet of tear came out, seeing my reflection was like looking at a person who killed the one i loved the most.

The pain within me was like a kid, who lost his mother in a war front and seeing how other people and kids where murdered caused the kid (me) more pain --That was the type of pain I felt--.

The more I looked into my reflection, the more ashamed I feel. I wish shame was death (the thought of a frustrated person because they don't fully know what death gives).

A voice came to me right from my heart, telling me things like "look at you, see what you look like, see how so useless and stupid you look", The voice hammered me so badly, causing a bridge of angry, pain and emotional swings.

Angered, I broke the mirror and it shattered into pieces. Right there I stood, and looked at the broken mirror on the floor.

Still looking at my shattered reflection, what I saw was a monster, which made me to wonder how I became a monster of hate and anger.

Another voice came to my hearing, saying "A SHATTERED MIRROR, IS A MIRROR OF OPPORTUNITY TO LOOK AT YOURSELF IN DIFFERENT WAYS AND SIZES".

I looked at myself on the shattered mirror and said "NO MATTER HOW I JUDGE MYSELF, IT WON'T CHANGE ANYTHING, IT WILL ONLY MAKE ME A MONSTER OF MY OWN LIFE".

After saying that, I became happy looking at my reflection.
The voice was right, I looked more good-looking on a shattered mirror.

I picked up the pieces and tried to put them back together, I knew the mirror could never be the same again, but it made me realise; that no one can come between you and your life except you.

Now I wake up every morning, looking at the mirror (the shattered mirror I tried to fix), which gives me hope and makes me smile everyday.

The once known mirror of pain and anger, is now my best friend of immeasurable happiness, life is sweet and fun with a best friend like mine (the mirror).

MY NAME IS NNAMDI AKA DINDY AND I WROTE THIS WRITE UP.
LEARN FROM WHAT YOU READ NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND.

THANKS FOR READING.